NX-Files

nx-files.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gower on Shearer

http://www.3news.co.nz/Politics/Goweronpolitics.aspx

"Shearer is trying to be different to Phil Goff.
There's some spin going around that Shearer not wading into this is part of this image.
Yes, Goff would have jumped right in on this and got into the gutter if need be.
And like I said, I've got a bit of time for Shearer's anti-politician image."

I couldn't stand the way Phil Goff use to over-egg pretty much any issue he could use to his advantage complete with his simulated rage.  More often or not it would blow-up in his face.
And given Gower is known as a grade-A arsehole who's natural instincts are that of a political mongrel, I therefore think Shearer's response has been rather good.  But I suspect his colleagues maybe less than impressed.  

I was a fan of Dr Brash's mild manner apolitical style.  So if Shearer managers to emulate that then at least I'll like his style, if not his policies.

0 comments: