NX-Files

nx-files.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don Brash & John Key



If Brash becomes leader of the Act Party, then my choices for the 2011 election just got a whole lot more complicated.

Do I vote for Dr Brash - my personal political hero who took the fight to Helen Clark only to have the 2005 election stolen from him by Labour's corrupt practices.

Or John key - the only Prime Minister I've ever liked and is performing excellently.

To further complicate things, I've to decide whether to vote for or against MMP. If MMP brings someone like Brash into parliament, then it's good. If it brings in someone like Hone or Winston Peters, then it's bad. That is my dilemma.

Either way, as long as Phil Goff & Winston Peters aren't running the show, then I happy. For a while this coming election was looking rather dull with the Nats so far ahead. But it looks like the minor parties will make things interesting. This election could become a battle for the political right of New Zealand politics with the National Party forced even further too the centre.

On a side issue, I've been disappointed with the usual high standard of political analysis by DPF & IV2 on the Brash take over of Act. They've focused on technicalities and his age. When Act is polling just above 1%, none of that really matters.

0 comments: