NX-Files

nx-files.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TV3 reports that Clark got it wrong!

 
 
 
"Can I assure her that neither I, nor my family trust, was an owner of shares in Tranz Rail at that time, and she has misled the House."

Miss Clark made no comment, taking the back route out of Parliament. Through a spokesman she says she accepts Mr Key's word. He now wants her to say sorry.

"Sorry would be nice, but I won't hold my breath," says Mr Key.

Heh - Labour's most aggressive line of attack for a while, delivered by the PM herself (instead of

Cosgrove, or Cullen, or Goff) turns out to be complete rubbish.  I'm pleased channel three reported this because channel one certainly didn't and after such an intense battle in parliament one was left wondering. 
 
 
The thing is even if the PM's allegations were true, a man like Mr Key would have shares all over the place so it's hardly a demonstrated conflict of interest.  A real scandal would be if Mr Key had invested all his shares in one basket....and then said something so their value increased - which didn't happen of course (much to the PM's disappointment). 
 
 
This is the first time the PM has fronted the attack, so it'll be interesting to see how the public reacts.  To me it looks like she's clutching at screws big time!
 

0 comments: