NX-Files

nx-files.blogspot.com

 

Smacking petition runs out of time - 24 Jun 2008 - Politics: New Zealand Political News, Analysis and Comment including 2008 election coverage - NZ Herald:

"Asked why it could not be held at the same time as the election, which must be held by November 15, she replied: 'Just in terms of sheer organisation, I do not think that is possible'."



Yeah right. All be it for me to doubt the exulted Dear Leader, but how hard can it be to stick a tick box on the ballet with the question; do you want to repeal the anti-smacking law. Hell I'll even do it for her on Microsft Word and I'll insert some wing dings to really impress her.

For the record, I would hesitate ticking that box. The the main reason I'd tick the box is as a one fingered salute to Sue Bradford and Helen Clark, because the way they went about introducing the S59 anti-smacking bill with their holier than thou approach was insulting to most New Zealanders.


0 comments: